7.28.2014

Vegan Style: back to work

I'm a little rusty in the blogging department.  And in the life department, really.  I just started feeling better within the past week or so.  No one really knows what my mystery stomach issue was but some combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, medicine and time seems to have helped.  I'm still not 100% but it's way better than it was.  I'm grateful for all the help and kind words from professionals, my partner, friends, blog comments, my cats, the world, et al.  And I'm also really grateful that after 20 years of veganism, no one tried to blame this on being vegan.  Not one medical professional or consult or family member.  My uncle still blames it on me working with cats though.  (Ridiculously unfounded.)

In celebration of my first (half) day back at work, I offer you a blurry outfit picture.  I bought those Cri de Coeur sandals so long ago -- when I had no idea my weird symptoms were about explode and drag me along for the ride for a few months -- so this is the first time I wore them.  I smashed a tiny champagne bottle on the heel before I stepped out onto the sidewalk.


photo 3.JPG
babydoll dress & leggings/American Apparel
sandals/Cri de Coeur
necklace/Verameat, gift from S

photo 5.JPG

photo 3.JPG

8 comments:

  1. Ayayay! You're better. And look adorable. I'm so impressed no one blamed your stomach troubles on your food choices, because frankly, that's the easiest way out for a lot of folks, especially in the medical profession. Well done. Excited to start the day with a little bit of good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Milla! I'm happy to be feeling better and am more patient at waiting out that last mile now that I'm mostly functional again!

      Delete
  2. I echo everything Milla said and I'm glad you're feeling on the up and up. Those sandals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on both counts! I'm feeling so much better although I know I still have a way to go.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for victories! Wonderful news Jess. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for your encouragement along the way! xox

      Delete
  4. Yaaaaaay, you're feeling better! That does call for a sandal-christening. You should be smashing champagne bottles on everything in the house.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's also how I feel! I'm not 100% yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have some autonomy and can get around again so now I'm much more patient! Thank you for your kind words along the way! xoxox

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}